Programs For Adults With Disabilities
Joy Ranch’s unique facility has been specially-designed to be barrier-free, providing the opportunity to welcome guests with a variety of special needs. We offer a number of programs for adults with both physical and cognitive disabilities.
Joy Ranch has the appearance of an old west town; you’ll feel like a real cowboy while you are here—but we won’t make you sleep under the stars. Our retreat or bunkhouse rooms are comfortable and accessible for your next vacation. We also offer day trips if you’re looking for a fun adventure.
What can you do at Joy Ranch?
- Paddleboat and pontoon rides
- Buggy rides
- Hot cocoa or s’mores by the campfire
- Root beer floats in the Thirsty Boot Saloon
- Hoedown on Main Street
- Karaoke, crafts, and more!
What programs are available?
All of Joy Ranch’s programs are designed to be inclusive, meaning anyone of any ability can attend an event at Joy Ranch. We also provide a few unique experiences specifically for people with special needs.
- New Explorations – A day or overnight adventure to Joy Ranch, for ages 18, and up, to get a sample of what Joy Ranch is all about.
- Vacation Destination – A 3 night getaway to Joy Ranch, with a care giver. You will plan your own vacation with a personal vacation planner from Joy Ranch.
- Old West Getaway – For adults who have intellectual and/or physical disabilities, without a care giver. Joy Ranch staff will pair with groups of 2-3 participants to ensure your vacation is the perfect "old west getaway."